Here are more delicious Fall recipes that I know you’ll will love and ENJOY! Spiced Pumpkin Doughnuts with Chocolate Ganache Oven Roasted Fall Veggies & Sausage Southwestern Quinoa Stuffed Peppers Easy Plum and Blackberry Galette Butternut Squash Soup with Chili Garlic
Crisp mornings, hot coffee, light jackets and pumpkin everything..really. Pumpkin flavored EVERYTHING. I want the Fall season to be here so bad that I can hardly stand it.
Have you ever watched the cartoon: “Its the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown” by Charles Schulz? Well, we have about a MILLION times and it’s still one of my favorite seasonal cartoons. However, I will disclose that my children believe in the Great Pumpkin (I know I am a horrible parent..) and every year the “great pumpkin” leaves the girls a pumpkin filled with treats and candy.
I am sure at some point soon my girls will realize that we are probably the ONLY family on planet earth who celebrate the Great Pumpkin AND that “he” is not real…Until then I will continue the lie (don’t you point fingers “Santa”)
I’ve created the perfect Fall dish: Pumpkin ravioli drizzled with warm rosemary brown butter sauce. I can’t tell what I love more… the warm rosemary brown butter or the perfectly seasoned pumpkin filling inside the homemade ravioli.
Perhaps you don’t have time to make the ravioli from scratch but don’t let that scare you from making this. You can use wonton wrappers from the store in place of homemade pasta.
Anyhow this is an amazing dinner dish!! I am trying to resist eating it all before my family arrives later for dinner…(hold me back PLEASE) its so dang good. See for yourself.
While I may soon face the realities of the possible backlash of the Great Pumpkin lies..you can face the delicious realities of this unbelievable dish at home.
I hope you enjoy this wonderful recipe!
(Printable recipe below!)
The Guiding Spoon
Pumpkin Ravioli with Rosemary Brown Butter Sauce
- Homemade pasta dough (rolled to desired width) for my recipe click Homemade Fresh Pasta OR store bought wonton wrappers
- 1/2 can of pureed Pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling!)
- 1/2 stick of salted butter
- a few sprigs of rosemary (finely chopped)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt or kosher salt
- ground pepper to taste
- 1 tsp of brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 cup of blended cheese (I used 3 cheese blend (Parmesan, Asiago and Romano)
- grated parmigiano reggiano
- 1 egg stirred with a splash of water (egg wash)
- Stir pumpkin, salt, pepper, nutmeg, cheese and brown sugar together in a small bowl.
- Cut ravioli strips and brush egg wash onto bottom strips. Scoop 1/4 tsp to 1/2 tsp of pumpkin mixture in center. Place top ravioli strip over the bottom and press out a pocket around the mixture sealing the edges. Once pressed out, cut into ravioli squares. If using wonton wrappers use the egg wash and place mixture in middle and seal the edges.
- Boil water and gently add pasta, cooking 3-5 minutes or until Al Dente.
- Once cooked use a slotted spoon and place on a plate.
- Chop rosemary and add to 1/2 stick of butter into a hot pan. Cook butter a few minutes until it turn golden brown.
- Drizzle butter sauce over ravioli and ENJOY! YUM!