Happy September! As we all prepare for our Labor Day plans I can’t help but wonder where this year has gone?! Are you in charge of bringing a treat or baking something for a family party this weekend? I am and as I rummage through my recipe box I stumbled upon the perfect solution. A very easy peasy recipe: Blondie brownies with chocolate chips 🙂 <insert giant cold glass of milk>
Everyone loves a good brownie but what about an even better Blondie brownie? A Blondie is exactly like a brownie but substitutes chocolate for vanilla and uses brown sugar instead of white sugar. Plus there ready to bake in 5 minutes and with help from your children ummm well add a few extra minutes 🙂
I am a fan of chewy brownies (Blondies too) and PLEASE leave me the edges. My Dad loves edges even more than me thus buying himself a brownie edge pan (LOL <slightly jealous>).
Though I may find special surprises in my Blondies (i.e. egg shells, possible barbie shoes) I know you will enjoy this recipe and it will be a hit for the upcoming festivities!
Have a great weekend,
(I tossed a Printable Recipe below!)
The Guiding Spoon
The Best Blondies Brownies!
By: The Guiding Spoon
Adapted from: The Taste of Home Cookbook
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 sticks of unsalted butter (room temp)
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- pinch of cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup of milk chocolate chips
- Add brown sugar, eggs, vanilla and butter into a mixing bowl and beat on medium until combined.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder.
- Add your dry ingredients to your mixer slowly and once bowl is emptied mix on medium until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees and grease a baking pan (8 x 12 x 2 inch) Pour batter evenly and bake about 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool and cut into bars!
- You can use white chocolate chips too!
- You can add 1 cup of walnuts into batter for a crunch!