“They must serve these in Heaven”~My husband
Cheers to the extended weekend! To continue this celebratory weekend I put together this S’mores recipe. You won’t need a bonfire to make these babies just a bit of your spare time and an oven.
The crunchy graham crust is covered in thick, creamy chocolate ganache with a layer of crushed walnuts and topped with toasted ( I like mine almost burnt) marshmallows! Don’t want sticky fingers? Toss it on top of a graham cracker and you are all set. You’re welcome.
The Guiding Spoon
Heavenly Skillet Smores
By: The Guiding Spoon
- 4 cups of crushed graham crackers
- 2 sticks unsalted melted butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups crushed walnuts
- 10 oz bag of mini marshmallows
- 14 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Add chocolate to a medium bowl and set aside
- Heat cream in microwave for 1-2 minutes ( do not let boil) Immediately pour into chocolate slowly, stirring quick at the same time. Continue to stir ganache until cool and thickened. Stick in freezer for 10-20 minutes to help thicken.
- Add crushed graham crackers to large bowl, add cinnamon, stir and set aside.
- Melt butter, add vanilla and stir into graham mixture.
- Press graham mixture into skillet, also pressing up on sides of pan.
- Preheat oven at 400 and bake crust for 5-10 mins or until golden brown.
- Remove pan from oven and set aside. .
- Crush walnuts and spread evenly on crust. Remove ganache from freezer, evenly pour and press into pan.
- Add marshmallows on top and bake at 350 for 10 minutes or until marshmallows reach your desired color.
- Remove from heat and let cool. For a more cookie like texture- pop in fridge and allow ganache to set 1-2 hours. You can also eat it right away as a dip using graham crackers! Yum!