Yes. You read it right <no need to rub your tired eyes>
SALTED. CARAMEL. PUMPKIN. POPCORN.
Its been a crazy week at our house but we have welcomed September with arms wide open and pants buttons opened (sorry we are trying “hard” to resist Fall treats). With my hubby on the travel this week I have planned “girls night”. Not the toasting bubbly with dear friends, heels and laughter kind of girls night (though I am in NEED of one <Kim?>)
I am talking about pajamas, giggles, dancing (followed by crying because someone elbows the oldest in the eye sending her glasses across the room <My arms get crazy with the Macarena>, beanie babies, pizza and of course POPCORN.
This is truly DIVINE. It’s a perfect combination of sweet, salty and has a nice crunch (thanks oven). I will go ahead and pre-apologize..You will want to eat it ALL…BUT if you SHARE (C’mon it’s almost the holiday season <scrooge>) then it’s not so bad. You can use whatever popcorn works for you and let the salted caramel pumpkin topping take you away to popcorn heaven.
Dale a tu cuerpo alegría Macarena…Hey Macarena!
(I tossed a printable recipe below!)
Salted Caramel Pumpkin Popcorn
By: The Guiding Spoon
- 1-2 bags of popcorn (popped) (I used salted low-fat)
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin spice extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Preheat over to 250 degrees.
- Pop bags of popcorn and pour on lined trays.
- In a medium saucepan on medium high, add sugar. Using a whisk, continue to stir the sugar as it heats up. The sugar will start to clump, turn golden and then start to melt. It can burn if left alone or not stirred. Once it turns golden amber, whisk until all clumps have dissolved. immediately turn off heat and SLOWLY pour your cream into the pan, whisking in slowly (it is VERY hot so be carefully to not splash!) When initially poured in it will clump together but keep whisking until smooth!
- Once cream is incorporated, add butter, both extracts and whisk until smooth and creamy. Pour over popcorn.
- Using a silicone spatula stir the popcorn around, dipping it in the settled caramel at the bottom of the pan.
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes, sprinkle with coarse salt, let cool and ENJOY!
- Extra caramel can be stored in the refridgerator (heat up in microwave to use)
- Popcorn can be stored in a brown paper bag on counter!